[Nix-dev] nix-bundle: Bundle Nix derivations to run anywhere

Matthew Bauer mjbauer95 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:40:44 CET 2017

> Any chance this could be combined with lethalman's work on turning
> derivations into docker containers?

Do you have a link to this project? All I can find is this blog post:
http://lethalman.blogspot.com/2016/04/cheap-docker-images-with-nix_15.html

We can get most of the advantages of the container features of Docker
using just cgroups/namespaces. The main advantage of using Docker is
that lots of different systems support it. The Open Container standard
might be an easier way to go: it's just a folder with a /config.json
file:
https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec