[Nix-dev] PCI Expresscard not working under NixOS

Christoph-Simon Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:12:49 CET 2017

Hi.

I said in my first E-Mail that I tried the thing under Ubuntu, and that
it is already the Expresscard Slot that NixOS does not recognize. Why do
I get suggestions to try to plug in USB Hardware then, and try it under
Ubuntu?

Anyway, I tried it under Ubuntu und Arch, it worked, I diffed
/proc/config.gz, and found some differences. Here are the kernel flags
that I chose from it which now made it work (I have no idea which one it
was, but I have no time to try it out exactly, because somehow the
Kernel is only built singly-threaded, and this takes 5 hours every time):

   nixpkgs.config.packageOverrides = pkgs: {
       bluez = pkgs.bluez5;
       stdenv = pkgs.stdenv // {
                platform = pkgs.stdenv.platform // {
                kernelExtraConfig = ''