[Nix-dev] Why having releases if you break things in it often

Stefan Huchler stefan.huchler at mail.de
Sat Feb 11 05:36:41 CET 2017

Hello Roger,

first thanks for the answer, second I dont even understand what you are
saying :)

You seem to think that I read all manpages of all nix*-tools 20 times,
and maybe 1 2 books on nixos.

I mean yes I know nix(os) is not only a package manager, but a kind of
configuration system, so maybe I am supposed to have a MUCH harder
learning curve.

I am a emacs user so I thought I am kind of used to that, but heck you
nixos guys all talk like spanish to me.

I kind of have a partial idea what it could mean what you are saying,
but even if I am right, I would have no idea how to do that.

That version of flexget seems to run, in a old boot-configuration:

/nix/store/61lmhiim2bhw3i76c7aq0xr7i6zgfcv8-python2.7-FlexGet-1.2.337/bin/.flexget-wrapped

btw why are there 20 entries in grub bug nix-env --list-generations
shows me only 2?

so is there a way to link my current installation or a new updated
profile to that flexget version?

Thanks