[Nix-dev] RFC for RFCs

Thomas Hunger tehunger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:46:09 CET 2017

That would be amazing! I actually have an email sitting in my draft folder
proposing Nix Enhancement Proposals (NEPs).

IMHO one of the things we aren't very good at is getting larger changes
merged or rejected. We attract a lot of smart people because Nix is pretty
awesome. These smart people then do substantial work, submit a PR and the
PR bitrots. This is highly demotivating.

An RFC process would allow us to get to an accept / reject early on, with
the expectation that accepted RFCs will be merged when the technical work
is done.

I'll add more specific comments to your PR.

~