[Nix-dev] Which option replaces security.setuidOwners?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:20:27 CET 2017

Hi all,

Now that security.setuiOwners is removed in master branch, which
option replaces it?

This is what users are faced with currently:

$ nixos-rebuild build -I nixpkgs=.
building Nix...
error: The option `security.setuidOwners' defined in
`/etc/nixos/config/base-small.nix' does not exist.
(use ‘--show-trace’ to show detailed location information)
error: The option `security.setuidOwners' defined in
`/etc/nixos/config/base-small.nix' does not exist.
(use ‘--show-trace’ to show detailed location information)
building the system configuration...
error: The option `security.setuidOwners' defined in
`/etc/nixos/config/base-small.nix' does not exist.
(use ‘--show-trace’ to show detailed location information)

$ git grep setuidOwners
(nothing)

I think we need an assert here telling which option to use instead.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman