[Nix-dev] Feedback on workshop material

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:34:22 CET 2017

Great recording[1] of your introduction presentation on Nix. It would be
cool to have this or a slightly more polished version permanently in the
middle on the homepage of nixos.org.

Regarding the "Packaging" section, I liked how lethalman introduced[2]
packaging in his legendary Nix Pills series by beginning with the primitive
`derivation` function and building up from that. So I would advise doing
something similar before showing `stdenv.mkDerivation`.

I'm really looking forward to the workshop. See you there!

Bas

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC3ILVKZh7E
[2]
http://lethalman.blogspot.nl/2014/07/nix-pill-6-our-first-derivation.html