[Nix-dev] dconf/dbus errors from evince

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Mon Feb 20 09:35:39 CET 2017

Hi,

the PDF viewer Evince uses dconf to store its preferences, but
unfortunately the "Save current settings as Defaults" won't work for me
on NixOS. At start-up, I see the following error:

** (evince:16653): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
   address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
   org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files Error registering
   document: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
   name org.gnome.evince.Daemon was not provided by any .service files

And then the following error occurs when I try to save the defaults:

(evince:16653): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf:
   GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
   ca.desrt.dconf was not provided by any .service files

Does someone know how to remedy these issues?

Best regards,
Peter