[Nix-dev] Google Summer of Code 2017

Leo Gaspard leo at gaspard.io
Thu Jan 5 00:25:54 CET 2017

On 01/04/2017 03:49 AM, Matthew Bauer wrote:
> Obviously there are lots of other ideas that are worthwhile, hopefully
> potential mentors can contribute more.

I have almost no experience in nix except as a user, so I obviously
can't mentor anything, but maybe finally getting rid of [1] (which,
around me, seems to be one of the most recurrent issue about nixos,
along with documentation matters) could be a good idea? If I remember
correctly two ways forward have been found (ACLs and encryption),
picking one and making it actually work and be merged may be a great
stride forward, for an issue that has been opened for almost five years.

Just my 2¢,
Leo

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/8