[Nix-dev] Remapping Console Key Bindings

Mark Gardner mkg at vt.edu
Thu Jan 5 20:48:44 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:52 PM, stewart mackenzie <setori88 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> services.xserver.xkbOptions = "grp:alt_space_toggle, ctrl:swapcaps";

​Thank you for the quick response.​

That works for X11 but not for a virtual console. It looks like also
setting i18n.consoleUseXkbConfig = true should make it work for console as
well but it doesn't. (I am not sure what it does...)

Thus, I am still at a loss on how to remap the keys on the console (short
of copying the existing console keymap, modifying it as per the sed
commands in the original email, and setting i18n.consoleKeymap =
<path-to-modified-keymap>).

Mark
--
Mark Gardner