[Nix-dev] permission problems

stewart mackenzie setori88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:12:40 CET 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stewart,
>
> config.ids.uids.workbench doesn't seem to exist in:
>
>   https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/misc/ids.nix
>
> Why do you assume it's there? Which revision of nixpkgs are you using?

Good question, I suppose, I don't know why I assumed it, I thought it
would be generated or something. I don't recall seeing this:
.../nixos/modules/misc/ids.nix anywhere in the docs. Anyway the only
service I've contributed is zerotierone so experience is limited
there.

Though this does explain why I get my error, and will hopefull solve
my permission problem!

I don't suppose there is some sort of convention, i.e. for lightweight
throw away services? See I'm creating a programming language aimed at
making tiny services, kinda like trensorflow, not applied to machine
learning but applied to this new fangled concept called microservices
- complete hype atm but it's fun. I'm kinda hoping these tiny services
are created and shared with the community, but they'd need not
conflict with each other.

In other words I think I'm going to need some kind of id namespace
allocation or something to that effect.

How to proceed forward?