[Nix-dev] Typing nix − funding campaign

Théophane Hufschmitt rg_nixos at regnat.ovh
Thu Jan 12 15:14:10 CET 2017

> What about guix https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/ ?
> Does some typing exist here already?

There exist things (which are among the stuff I plan to study before
designing the system) for scheme
(like http://www.ccs.neu.edu/racket/pubs/popl08-thf.pdf), but as far
as I know, nothing special to guile (and hence to guix).

> If you need a nice idea about "how to improve the world" - nix guix and
> the JS implemenation (and the 100+ other distros) clearly say that a
> cross platform cross language package manage / depndency system is
> required to derive .nix / guix /whatsoever packages from ..
>
> It should allow "platforms" (like Haskell) to have "stable bases" to
> work on.
>
> That would be awesome and the whole open source community & nix would
> benefit IMHO.

That's slightly out of topic, but why wouldn't the drv system work for this

--
Théophane Hufschmitt