[Nix-dev] systemd dependencies for a network service

Azul mail at azulinho.com
Sat Jan 14 17:57:32 CET 2017

I have a systemd vpn service that is wantedBy 'network.target', and runs
after 'network-interfaces.target'.

However the service fails to start properly (it does start but not in a
useful way), as it requires DNS resolution to work and that doesn't seem to
be the case after 'network-interfaces.target' is complete.

Scratching my head to find out which of the systemd services provides that
functionality, or if I will have to write a simple service that probes and
waits for dns resolution and use that for my 'after=' systemd property.