[Nix-dev] Hydra: infinite CPU and RAM consumption in evaluator

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Wed Jan 18 17:41:37 CET 2017

Hi,

our Hydra exploded today: after a recent change to our nixpkgs branch, we encountered the evaluator consuming infinite CPU and quite a lot of memory.

Updating to a current version of Hydra (nixpkgs trunk) didn’t help. We’re going to go through the changes that caused this tomorrow.

However, I wanted to check whether anybody has experienced this before and might know what can trigger this behaviour. I also haven’t seen any changes in the last year to hydra that would seem relevant, apart from, maybe, the concurrent evaluator, which isn’t in nixpkgs master yet.

Christian

--
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io