[Nix-dev] [ANN] Home Manager

Robert Helgesson robert at rycee.net
Tue Jul 4 23:39:24 CEST 2017

Thanks Nicolas!

> For your information, the module system was made such that you can
> re-use it as a submodule. So technically, you might be able to create
> a NixOS module for NixOS which imports the home-manager within NixOS
> users ;)
>
> This home-manager submodule would have to forward pkgs as a module
> argument (as done in NixOS), and import the modules from the
> home-manager.

Yes, I've been meaning to do this and in principle I think it should
work as you describe. But while the HM activation script should be
sufficiently idempotent to include in `system.activationScripts`, it is
not really written for speed so it may need some tweaking in that area.

Many thanks for your comment :-)

/rycee