[Nix-dev] git in nix is broken...

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 20:52:46 CEST 2017

It's probably also worth mentioning that git/default.nix in its
current state does appear to make some attempt to rewrite the path to
basic unix utilities (like grep) to absolute paths in some places, but
not others and some of the existing patching is obsolete (e.g. it
tries to do so git-am which has been migrated from a shell script to
c).

E.g. lines 102 and following

https://github.com/smarkets/nixpkgs/blob/1a25495b6344c832dc3750dc9b8a95fd2d68583c/pkgs/applications/version-management/git-and-tools/git/default.nix#L102