[Nix-dev] Improved nix-buffer and haskell example

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sat Mar 4 19:56:15 CET 2017

Hi all,

I've recently made some improvements to nix-buffer [1] to make the
experience even better. Now, builds happen asynchronously and, if there
was a previous build, the previous build is evaluated right away. This
ensures as little a delay as possible for your buffer environment to be
set up. There is also 'nix-buffer-after-load-hook' if you *want* to wait
for the build to finish.

I've also got my global dir-locals.nix up [2]! This sits in my home dir
and automatically generates environments for any haskell stuff via
callCabal2nix. Note that this requires #23495.

Happy hacking!
Shea

[1] https://stable.melpa.org/#/nix-buffer
[2] https://github.com/shlevy/config/blob/master/dir-locals.nix