[Nix-dev] 17.03 beta released
robin.gloster at mayflower.de
Fri Mar 3 13:10:15 CET 2017
I'd like to announce NixOS 17.03 "Gorilla" beta in the name of
The largest changes are:
- Nixpkgs is now extensible through overlays. See
- The setuid wrapper functionality now supports setting
- X.org server uses branch 1.19. Due to ABI incompatibilities,
ati_unfree keeps forcing 1.17
and amdgpu-pro starts forcing 1.18.
- PHP now defaults to PHP 7.1
- Packages in nixpkgs can be marked as insecure through listed
- This release is based on Glibc 2.25, GCC 5.4.0, systemd
232 and Nix 1.11.7. The default Linux kernel is 4.9.
Please upgrade channels as usual and test:
$ nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-17.03 nixos
$ nixos-rebuild switch --upgrade
I'd like to point out a serious bug that you might hit:
- setuid wrappers with the new setcap wrappers have changed their
location. Therefore you might need to login again to use setuid
binaries or use "nixos-rebuild boot"
If you'd like to help out, test and check the github bug tracker under
As usual, we're working on getting build failures down:
Final release is slated to be released on March 30th.
The master branch has been bumped to 17.09 which has been given the
More information about the nix-dev