[Nix-dev] Move NodeJS to separate overlay repository?

David Izquierdo thecofee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:29:36 CET 2017

Couldn't this become a kind of dependency hell? I remember from Gentoo
that having dependencies across overlays is not a fun problem to solve.
However, Exherbo mostly solved this by having overlays be analogous to
packages, they become a kind of dependency that must be explicitly
user-solved before continuing. In the default ebuild tree they have
indexes of every package in each registered overlay.

I think this should only be done if there's nothing anywhere else
depending on a derivation from this overlay-to-be.