[Nix-dev] Nix-store --repair doesn't seem to be repairing

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Sat Mar 18 11:36:58 CET 2017

Hi Oliver,

 > Unfortunately I am still stuck in the same situation - verify is
 > unhappy, but repair does nothing. Does anyone else have any ideas?

what does smartd say about the state of your drive? Does it pass its
self tests?

I've had this same problem on my laptop a few weeks ago, and it was
caused by a dying SSD. I also had all kinds of other issues with the
installation, like, builds would sometimes fail with bizarre error
messages because of /nix/store corruption. I ended up re-installing the
system from scratch on a new SSD to fix these issues. Maybe your drive
is in a weird state, too?

If the disk doesn't give any indication of trouble, then it might also
be worthwhile to boot into a RAM disk and force-efsck the various file
systems, just to make sure there's no issue on that layer either.

I hope this helps,
Peter