[Nix-dev] NixOps on VServer (update)

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:39:09 CEST 2017

Are you deploying to a Hetzner VServer by any chance?

If that's the case, you probably want to use the following deployment
configuration:

deployment = {
  targetEnv = "hetzner";
  hetzner = {
    mainIPv4 = "X.X.X.X";
    robotUser = "XXXX";
    partitions = ''
      clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=sda
      part swap --recommended --label=swap --fstype=swap --ondisk=sda
      part / --fstype=ext4 --label=root --grow --ondisk=sda
    '';
  };
};

Also note that I have the following listed in my Hetzner configurations:

# TODO: These options are only needed when deploying to a
# Hetzner machine for the first time. After the initial deployment these
options
# should be commented. We should report this as a bug of nixops.
# boot.loader.grub.device = "/dev/sda";
# fileSystems."/" = {
#   device = "/dev/disk/by-label/root";
#   fsType = "ext4";