[Nix-dev] Need any mirror in Asia?

Volth volth at volth.com
Thu May 4 15:18:33 CEST 2017

Actually, there are regions with bad connectity to Amazon's Cloudfront.
For example Russia, and, yes, Vietnam.

There are few obstacles:
1. the distribution model is not rsync-friendly and not well suited
for 3rd-party mirrors.
2. there is a  team promising to solve the geo-distribution issue
using IPFS. There is no results yet but the expectation from their
works lower priority of alternative solutions.
3. the majority of developers (and users?) are located in Cenral
Europe (NL,DE,CZ,SI,...) so the geodistrubution issue get very little
traction.