[Nix-dev] nvidia proprietary / i7 notebook - does not start

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:38:51 CEST 2017

Sorry for replying off-list (I suggested trying bumblebee).

Just to check, did you enable intel (alone) in the videoDrivers (I think
that's necessary, please correct me if I'm wrong). Do you have BIOS/EFI
options to use only the nvidia GPU? Is using nouveau an option for you? You
could also try nouveau as the bumblebee driver.

I'd love to know what ubuntu does.