[Nix-dev] why has each revision / generation not a own configuration.nix

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Sat May 13 15:34:42 CEST 2017

On 17-05-13 12:25pm, Layus wrote:
> On 13/05/17 12:14, Leo Gaspard wrote:
> See the previous ML discussion on that topic where we proposed to keep it
> opt-in, but with an apt-out config line in the default configuration.nix.
> This may already be implemented.

The ones who don’t keep their sources under version control
deserve their eventual fate.

Seriously, copying & pasting default templates around
is not a good idea.
I haven’t seen a “default” configuration.nix (whatever that is)
in more than 1.5 years.

We already have the firewall enabled by default,
even that has been a major discussion,
because for everything that is implicit
you have to remember to turn it off.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es