[Nix-dev] Trouble packaging gnunet-gtk

Laverne Schrock lists-laverne at schrock.email
Mon May 15 22:41:22 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to create a gnunet-gtk package for use on NixOS. You can
view my current progress here: https://github.com/lverns/nixpkgs/tree/a
dd-gnunet-gtk.

Running `nix-build -A gnunet-gtk` in the root of the nixpkgs checkout
fails with the last few lines of output being:

    config.status: creating contrib/gnunet_setup_about_window.glade
    config.status: creating
    contrib/gnunet_conversation_gtk_about_window.glade
    config.status: creating gnunet_gtk_config.h
    config.status: executing libtool commands
    config.status: executing po-directories commands
    config.status: creating po/POTFILES
    config.status: creating po/Makefile
    configure: error: gnunet-conversation-gtk will not be built
    builder for ‘/nix/store/q58j232gd0jkmxg8b1z1smrj3jigj96n-gnunet-
gtk-0.10.1.drv’ failed with exit code 1
    error: build of ‘/nix/store/q58j232gd0jkmxg8b1z1smrj3jigj96n-
gnunet-gtk-0.10.1.drv’ failed

To try to get a better idea of what is happening, I run `nix-shell -A
gnunet-gtk`. Once the shell is up, I run `unpackPhase` and cd into
gnunet-gtk-0.10.1/

I can then run `configurePhase` and get the same error as above.
Looking through config.log has not been enlightening (see attached).
However, I can then run `./config.status` with no error. This does
change config.log (see attached).

Does anyone have any idea why config.status is failing when called by
the configure script but is working fine when calling it manually?