[Nix-dev] Some NixOS beginner questions...

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sat Apr 5 18:13:46 CEST 2014

Pablo Costa wrote:
>> (3) I love the declarative approach to system configuration. However, for
>> newcomer it is hard to find out how to configure his favorite packages.
> What
>> options are there and how can I set them? Is looking at the 'sources'
>> (for the package's nix expressions) the only way?
>
> On NixOS command line:
> man configuration.nix
>
> On the browser, chapter 6 of the manual:
> http://nixos.org/nixos/manual/#ch-options

Ah, yes, I was aware of that (I did read the nixos manual). I was talking of
configuration options for single nix packages, of which (IIRC) the nix-
manual itself says that unforntunately there is currently no way to query
them.

Cheers
Ben
--
"Make it so they have to reboot after every typo." -- Scott Adams