[Nix-dev] reboot hangs most of the time

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Apr 7 23:22:48 CEST 2014

Hi Roelof,

 > When I want to reboot my box I enter 'reboot' in the prompt. And most
 > of the time I see unmounting /nix/store and nothings happens after
 > that.

I've run into this issue, too, but only sporadically. I have no idea
what might be the cause of this phenomenon. It feels like "reboot" is
more likely to fail on machines with a long uptime (like servers),
whereas my desktop machine and laptop -- which reboot frequently --,
hardly ever hang this way.

Unfortunately, it's quite hard to debug this kind of thing ... :-(

Take care,
Peter