[Nix-dev] reboot hangs most of the time

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Tue Apr 8 23:49:30 CEST 2014

Peter Simons wrote:
>  > When I want to reboot my box I enter 'reboot' in the prompt. And most
>  > of the time I see unmounting /nix/store and nothings happens after
>  > that.
>
> I've run into this issue, too, but only sporadically. I have no idea
> what might be the cause of this phenomenon. It feels like "reboot" is
> more likely to fail on machines with a long uptime (like servers),
> whereas my desktop machine and laptop -- which reboot frequently --,
> hardly ever hang this way.

FWIW, I experienced the same (also when rebooting from the kde session, but
I guess that just calls out to the CL tools). Mine is an experimental
installation on a desktop machine at home and has never run for long (a day
at most).

Cheers
Ben
--
"Make it so they have to reboot after every typo." -- Scott Adams