[Nix-dev] Reverting postgres superuser changes

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Thu Apr 10 21:07:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

The recent postgres changes, while probably the right thing to do in the
long run, have caused a lot of problems. MichaelRaskin on IRC now
reports that the change breaks their installations as they had already
added a postgres superuser themselves.

We could of course try to fix it, but IMO we've had enough troubles that
we should revert it and then make a plan to do it all properly after the
14.04 merge.

If you have any objections, please let me know in the next day or so,
otherwise I'll commit the revert tomorrow.

Thanks,
Shea