[Nix-dev] Reverting postgres superuser changes

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Apr 11 20:06:55 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

I think it's very important that the PostgresSQL scripts in 'master'
manage to start the pre-existing database correctly under all those
wicked circumstances we've created by now.

I, for one, updated NixOS, and then found out that my PostgreSQL server
won't start any more. I'm not familiar with the way PostgresSQL works
internally; I'm using it only because Hydra wants it. Now, I have no
idea how to recover from the current non-functional situation, and I
very much hope that "nixos-rebuild --update switch" will do it for me in
the foreseeable future.

Is that a reasonable expectation?

Take care,
Peter