[Nix-dev] NixOS for armv7

Vincent B. vb at luminar.eu.org
Sat Apr 26 21:56:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm very keen on using NixOS as the base distro for a project involving
connected objects, but we use boards based on Allwinner A20 CPUs (armv7
architecture).

Therefore I'd like to get started on the process of creating a NixOS
rootfs for armv7, as well as building packages for the armv7 arch.

I have seen that there was an attempt to port NixOS on the raspberry pi
roughly last year (that seemed to have succeeded, though I don't know if
it is still maintained), and I am going to thoroughly read the info I
can find on the subject.

So this message is basically to inform you about my intention. I would
be happy to hear any comment or advice you could possibly have in order
to get started more easily.

Cheers,

Vincent