[Nix-dev] Slim failed to execute login command

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Apr 29 16:20:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 29/04/14 16:09, _1126 wrote:

> I updated to the latext nixos unstable (de1c182) and rebooted, because
> I noticed that the linux kernel got updated to 3.14.2.
>
> Boot went fine, as far as I could see, but I could not login via Slim
> as I did before. I enabled autoLogin via Slim. Slim fails with the
> following error message:
>
> "Failed to execute login command"

That's strange. Our automated tests actually use the slim autologin feature, and
they seem to be working. E.g.:

http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixos/release-14.04/nixos.tests.xfce.x86_64-linux

> Does anyone know where I could look for a solution to this problem?

Is there anything in the journal or in  ~/.xsession-errors?

Can you show the rest of your X11 / desktop manager configuration?

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/