[Nix-dev] Missing drivers from the installation CD

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Feb 6 20:22:52 CET 2008

Hi,

I failed to install NixOS from the 0.11 ISO on a Dell D430 laptop.  The
machine has an external USB CD drive.  It can boot from it; however, the
installation CD doesn't have the `usb-storage' driver, making it
impossible to access the CD once Linux has booted.

In addition, the Ethernet card requires the `tg3' driver, which is not
available either on the installation CD image.

Does it mean I'll have to build my own ISO with all the needed drivers?
Any better idea?  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.