[Nix-dev] unix-odbc and nixos? How to integrate - ideas?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 03:58:17 CEST 2008

I haven't looked too much into details but I wonder how to integrate
unix odbc and drivers into nix(os)..

unix-odbc want's to read a configuration file from a directory which
must be specified when compiling unixODBC. This files contains driver
settings such as

[PostgreSQL]
Description     = PostgreSQL driver for Linux & Win32
Driver          = /nix/store/s56k7ynabamg80pakgb8hiac2lgzf2hx-psql-odbc-08.03.0200/lib/psqlodbcw.so
Threading       = 2

The perfect dep tree would be:

unixODBC -> mysql connector ->   -   lib with .ini file containing the connectors (#)
        `-> postgres connector ->`
                 ^^ the connectors should be added by getConfig options?
                    (which inturn means that depending apps has to be
                    recompiled when a connector is added :-( )

But I don't know the path (#) when compilling unixODBC..
Maybe someone else is more familiar with unixODBC internals and has a
nice idea?

Sincerly
Marc Weber