[Nix-dev] added unixODBC support in configuration.nix

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jun 12 01:10:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 03:58:17AM +0200, Marc Weber wrote:
> I haven't looked too much into details but I wonder how to integrate
> unix odbc and drivers into nix(os)..

You can add

    environment = {
      unixODBCDrivers = pkgs : map (x : x.ini) (with pkgs.unixODBCDrivers; [ mysql psql psqlng ] );
    }

to your configuraiton.nix file and install unixODBC (which will install
isql). After setting up some dbs in your local .odbc.ini

eg

        [myc]
        Description           = Mammoth PostgreSQL
        Driver                = PostgreSQL
        Trace                 = No
        TraceFile             =
        Database                = marc
        Servername              = localhost
        UserName                = marc
        Password                =
        Port                    = 5432
        Protocol                = 7.0
        ReadOnly                = No
        RowVersioning           = No
        ShowSystemTables        = No
        ShowOidColumn           = No
        FakeOidIndex            = No
        ConnSettings            =

        [m1]
        Description   = MySQL test database
        Trace       = Off
        TraceFile   = stderr
        Driver      = MySQL
        SERVER      = 127.0.0.1
        USER        = root
        PASSWORD    =
        PORT        = 3306
        DATABASE    = test

you can connect using isql m1 or isql myc

Enjoy

Marc Weber