[Nix-dev] [submission] adns-1.4

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Jun 11 00:17:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

this is the first nix package I ever wrote, so I hope I'm doing this
right. It certainly installed okay, so I guess the nix file must be good
for something. To install the adns 1.4 library, copy the following
expression file to unstable/pkgs/development/libraries/adns/default.nix:

{stdenv, fetchurl, static ? false}:

stdenv.mkDerivation {
  name = "adns-1.4";
  src = fetchurl {
    url = ftp://ftp.chiark.greenend.org.uk/users/ian/adns/adns-1.4.tar.gz;
    md5 = "88bc7bbf3f62a8d4fb186b8f72ead853";
  };
  configureFlags = if static then "--disable-dynamic" else "--enable-dynamic";

  # adns doesn't understand the automatic --disable-shared from the Cygwin stdenv.
  cygwinConfigureEnableShared = true;
}

Then add the package to unstable/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix as
follows:

  adns = import ../development/libraries/adns {
    fetchurl = fetchurlBoot;
    inherit stdenv;
  };

I'd be happy to see this included in the distribution. If the package
can be improved in some way, please let me know.

Best regards,
Peter