[Nix-dev] What about a wiki to summarize chat help and mailinglist discussions?

Pjotr Prins pjotr2008 at thebird.nl
Wed Jun 18 08:52:09 CEST 2008

A hosted Mediawiki somewhere should do the trick. If we bother to back
it up we don't even have to be too picky about the provider. I am for
it!

However, Wiki's can be harmful, ZOPE3 comes to mind where certain
stupid docs live forever, and searching for solutions becomes almost
impossible (always hitting material that is outdated, or never
implemented). So I would appoint someone to keep pruning outdated
material (or move that into the SVN tree as doc/keep or something. We
need a benevolent dictator.

Writing the package tutorial should be a community effort.

Pj.

- Do not document printers, save your documentation...