[Nix-dev] What about a wiki to summarize chat help and mailinglist discussions?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 21:32:00 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 21:12, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> I know we had that discussion already..
> Aeh.. some people ( :) has discussed this and other stuff at FOSDEM.
>
> But there are some things I wonder wether it's worth putting them
> somewhere. A wiki contains less noise than mailinglist. Things I'd like
> to put there:

> What do you think? User base is growing and maybe the more people know
> about nix the more will start using it?

I agree.  The advantages of a wiki would be nice to do not submit
again and again the same idea on the mailing list and to give hints to
each others.  Mailing lists are nice for fresh news that are discussed
but not for goals or documentation because mailing list are growing
continuously.  At the opposite of forums (which are kinds of group of
mailing list) a wiki can be organized and get links between pages.

I am just wondering how many times I have been on the Gentoo wiki even
if this was not to configure a Gentoo ...

--
Nicolas Pierron
- If you are doing something twice then you should try to do it once.