Re: [Nix-dev] Re: Trying to fix bzr-tools-1.5 package...

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Thu Jun 26 09:28:44 CEST 2008

> Michael Raskin wrote:
> > Well, once we determine which plugins are ever needed we can create a wrapper.. Without wrapper the easiest thing is just symlinking it into ~/.bazaar/plugins . Installing in the PATH like Python uses by default has drawback - you cannot have symlink from current-system then.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that last bit (symlink from
> current-system), could you expand just a little bit for the benefit of a
> total Nix noob like me?

I do not use nix-env much, most of the time I install packages via extraPackages in configuration.nix (I use NixOS). Putting files in share/ means they will appear in /var/run/current-system/sw/share, so I can make symlink pointing at /var/run/current-system/sw/share/bzrtools and put it in ~/.bazaar/plugins