[Nix-dev] nixpkgs available in git

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 15:08:19 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 14:28, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Git users can access the nixpkgs repository by importing it directly
> from SVN:
>
>  git-svn clone -s https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix

This is not a good way of doing it because you cannot retrieved
branches and tags.  Look at the option --std-layout and you can use it
for each sub-directory. I have a small script for this if you want.

> That process, however, is slow. A simpler alternative is to clone the
> following native git mirror:
>
>  git clone git://git.pipapo.org/nixpkgs

Is it synchronized with the subversion repository?
You have only include nixpkgs, not the others ?

--
Nicolas Pierron
- If you are doing something twice then you should try to do it once.