[Nix-dev] Re: nixpkgs available in git

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Jun 28 16:50:22 CEST 2008

Nicolas Pierron writes:

 >> git-svn clone -s https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix
 >
 > This is not a good way of doing it because you cannot retrieved
 > branches and tags. [...]

Right, I got the URL wrong. That command was supposed to be:

  git-svn clone -s https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs

I didn't think much about it because the purpose of this posting is to
say that there is a better place to fetch the repository.

 >> git clone git://git.pipapo.org/nixpkgs
 >
 > Is it synchronized with the subversion repository?

Yes. The git repository may lag a couple of hours, though.

 > You have only include nixpkgs, not the others ?

Yes. The packages is what I'm interested in.

Best regards,
Peter