[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 14893 - viric - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: applications/graphics applications/graphics/panotools top-level

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:04:40 CEST 2009

2009/4/6 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Saluton,
>
> Llus Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> +  src = fetchsvn {
>> +    url = https://panotools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/panotools/trunk/libpano;
>> +    rev = 955;
>> +  };
>
> Two remarks:
>
>  1. It'd be better to provide `sha256', for improved reproducibility.
How can I know the sha256 of a repository checkout?

>  2. Why not use a release version?  Often, upstream developers know
>     better than we do what's "releasable".
When they advised for libpano13 to be checked out, they told to
checkout the trunk. I supposed they maintain a trunk stable. But I
decided to add the revision at least.

>> +  meta = {
>> +    homepage = http://panotools.sourceforge.net/;
>> +    description = "Panorama Tools";
>> +    license = "GPL";
>> +  };
>
> Please use "GPLv2+", or "GPLv3+", etc.
You can read a later patch about that.

> Also, the description is a bit terse and `longDescription' is missing.
I never wrote a longDescription. I will update the description.

Regards,
Lluís.