[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 14980 - eelco - in nixpkgs/branches/stdenv-updates/pkgs: applications/video/xine-ui top-level

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Apr 10 00:14:18 CEST 2009

Hey!

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> writes:

> * xine-ui: put $gcc/lib in the RPATH, because otherwise it will barf
>   (on exit) with "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel
>   to work".

Unfortunately, that's not going to scale well if we must do that for
each and every application that needs it (there are a few of them).

An ugly but more scalable hack would be to change the fixup phase so
that for each binary it does:

  if objdump -T $bin | grep pthread_cancel
  then
      patchelf $bin ...
  fi

There's something strange though.  Other binaries that use
pthread_cancel(3), such as `libstdc++.so', `lzma', and `ed2k', have
`libgcc_s.so' marked as NEEDED.

Thanks,
Ludo'.