[Nix-dev] Re: Merging fix-style branch into the trunk ?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Apr 10 11:01:35 CEST 2009

Hello!

Nicolas Pierron
<nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> writes:

> To conclude, the modular-nixos branch conserve the original authors of
> commits and solve Ludovic's issue.

Just to be clear, "my" issue was not just about authorship, but about
auditability in general: where does a change come from, in what context
was it originally applied, what motivated it, etc., things VCS are
designed to help with.

> If you are against this union, you should raise your mail to explain us why.

I'm not against, as long as it doesn't break my installation.

I'm disappointed by the workflow, though.  In other free software
projects I work on, it's usually the other way round: it's the "merge
requester" that has to convince others that this is a Good Thing.  And
doing that is usually much easier and consensual with small, isolated
changes.

Thanks,
Ludo'.