[Nix-dev] Re: Merging fix-style branch into the trunk ?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:48:27 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:01, Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org> wrote:
> I'm disappointed by the workflow, though.  In other free software
> projects I work on, it's usually the other way round: it's the "merge
> requester" that has to convince others that this is a Good Thing.

Where is the difference? I have made a branch instead of directly
patching the trunk, I asked your though about the branch, and   Afaik
the merge isn't done.  I don't see any difference between your claims
and the current process.

>  And
> doing that is usually much easier and consensual with small, isolated
> changes.

I agree, but rewriting every single Nix expressions of NixOS cannot be
made ""small"".

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron