[Nix-dev] Re: Merging fix-style branch into the trunk ?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Apr 10 13:42:36 CEST 2009

Nicolas Pierron
<nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:01, Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org> wrote:
>> I'm disappointed by the workflow, though.  In other free software
>> projects I work on, it's usually the other way round: it's the "merge
>> requester" that has to convince others that this is a Good Thing.
>
> Where is the difference?

Admittedly it started this way, but eventually `fix-style' introduced
changes that were orthogonal to the original goal (e.g., the activation
script thing).  At least, that's how I feel about it.

IMO it'd have been clearer and more consensual to focus just on the
Upstart job style (which is now partly available in `trunk'), then move
on to different topics in different branches.

Anyway, we can surely improve the way we work together over time.

Thanks,
Ludo'.