[Nix-dev] Latest X.org

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:44:03 CEST 2009

Hello,

yesterday I managed to update the xorg expressions to the X11R7.4 xorg
release, with a 1.5.3 server, mesa 7.4, the latest released libdrm,
etc...

I had only a problem with xkbcomp, so the xkb extensions didn't work.
I think it's an easy problem to solve... (xkbcomp trying to drop
compiled layouts in the store).

Do you want me to make a svn branch for that? Synaptics also worked. I
had to modify two lines of nixos' xserver.conf, for hal not to be used
(it's the default in 1.5 I think), but that's all.

Unfortunately all that didn't fix almost glx applications freezing my
computer, when using mesa dri with 3D acceleration. I get the same
results as in xorg 1.4.2 / mesa 7.02 :( So I don't feel impelled to
use that latest version, by now.

Regards,
Lluís.