[Nix-dev] Switching the default kernel in configuration.nix

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Apr 12 13:13:19 CEST 2009

> I'll look at how the existing kernel is being built and I suppose if I
> run into trouble, I can just build 2.6.28.9 again without pae but it's
> the adding to top-level all-packages.nix and the switching to the new

Tell niksnut (Eelco Dolstra) about the pae issue. I've contacted him
about 2.6.28 because of the same issue. I think He's removed that
option.
Either use tu customizable expression or the getConfig system to
override that option (or just edit that line in nixpkgs repo)

Grep it for CONFIG_X86_PAE=y

Probably it's sufficient to turn it off for i686 systems.

Sincerly
Marc Weber