Fwd: [Nix-dev] Re: Latest X.org

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:31:31 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl>:
> Lluís Batlle wrote:
>> Ah, then you already upgraded x.org there? So there's nothing I should
>> do.
>
> I did this a few months ago, so it's probably not up to date anymore.  Among
> other things it only has xorg-server 1.5.1.  (BTW, 1.6.0 is out, did you look at
> that?)
I'm using 1.5.3 and it works very well for my needs. 1.5.1 had
compilation problems with the bleeding-edge drivers I've to use, and I
had to update to 1.5.3.

All the rest of xorg I took from the 7.4 release. And I have mesa 7.4
there, which requires the kernel 2.6.28. So we might have to set the
default kernel to 2.6.28, I think. I don't know how is that in the
stdenv branch.