[Nix-dev] no package attr_2.4.41-1

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Apr 24 22:30:26 CEST 2009

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Curry wrote:

> Came across nix, looked neat, so I decided to try it out.
>
> Added the unstable channel as per docs, but it fails on trying to fetch
> http://gentoo.chem.wisc.edu/gentoo/distfiles/attr_2.4.41-1.tar.gz
>
> which sure enough isn't there.  Seems like an upstream problem, but I
> thought I should let you guys know.

Argh.  Upstream is SGI in this case, and they have the bad habit of removing old
releases (ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/cmd_tars/).  That's why I used the
Gentoo distfiles mirror, but they appear to be no more stable :-)  I've now
uploaded them to nixos.org/tarballs and updated the URL in Nixpkgs.

Thanks,

Eelco.