[Nix-dev] no package attr_2.4.41-1

Matthew Curry mjcurry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:53:53 CEST 2009

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the attr package, and the tip about where nix gets the URLs from.

It's now choking on gtk+-2.12.10.tar.bz2, but it actually starts
downloading, and then quits... another upstream problem, or perhaps my
work's internet connection, but I think you've given me enough to
blunder through a solution.

Little background: I'm mainly testing out nix on my work machine, and
as it only has firefox2 (it's on Fedora 8), I thought I'd try pulling
in firefox 3 via nix like the linux.com tutorial.  attr happened to be
one of the (many) dependencies.  Also, I'm curious how nix
repositories are to setting up, and nix might be useful for us (we're
stuck on RHEL4 in production, so this might be an easy way to get
updated packages, as well as manage our own software at the same
time.)

-Matt